Avul Pakir Jainulabdeen Abdul Kalam, also known as the ‘Missile Man Of India,’ is undoubtedly the most celebrated personality in India. He was born on October 15, 1931, at Rameshwaram in Tamil Nadu and died of cardiac arrest on July 27, 2015, while giving a lecture at IIM Shillong.
The leader may not be with us today, but his teachings, both in the field of science and tech and also life, stay tucked in our hearts. He was such an inspiration for people, especially students, that even the United States was motivated to announce his birth anniversary as World’s Students Day.
Having won the Bharat Ratan, Kalam sir was famously known as the People’s Man for his humble nature. And that quality of his reeks out from the quotes he gave the world.
Here are 13 quotes said by APJ Abdul Kalam that can change your life-
1. The two most important life-goals I would like every youth to have: one, increase the amount of time that you have at your disposal- two, increase what you can achieve in the time available.
2. Never give up on your dreams no matter how old you are no matter where you are today. Do not give up dreaming for a better tomorrow.
3. Determination is the power that sees us through all our frustrations and obstacles. It helps in building our will power which is the very basis of success.
4. Use the difficult situation you are facing to tap into your spirituality and build upon it to achieve something meaningful.
5. There is no success without failure. Failures are just intermittent blockades. Success is the final destination.
6. Use the difficult situation you are facing to tap into your spirituality and build upon it to achieve something meaningful.
7. The world demands the qualities of youth, youth not as defined by a time span of life but defined by a state of mind, a temper of the will, a quality of the imagination, a predominance of courage over timidity and an appetite for adventure over a life of ease.
8. To achieve any success you have to first control your sense and when this is combined with vision you can achieve any goal.
9. You should not give up, and we should not allow the problem to defeat us.
10. Man needs difficulties in life because they are necessary to enjoy success.
11. Let us sacrifice our today so that our children can have a better tomorrow.
12. I am not handsome but I can give my hand to someone who needs help… Because beauty is required in the heart, not in face…