Tucked border to border with the Indian state of Uttar Pradesh and more, Nepal in 2021 could be that ‘foreign city’ that you could take a trip to.
Just like India, Nepal is also known for its diversity, culture and lots and lots of places that you can travel to and that too without spending much as Nepal’s currency is slightly cheaper than India’s. Also, if you have just started with solo travelling and want some experience of the same, Nepal, in every way, would help you get some.
So if all that inspire you to board a flight to Nepal, here are some fun things that you can do in Nepal.
1. There are literally lots and lots of treks that you can summit when in Nepal. Some of them would be, Everest trek, which bestows magnificent views of the world’s highest mountain, the Annapurna base camp trek and many more.
2. Seti river rafting in Nepal allows you an adventure of a lifetime.
3. When in Nepal, you can take a flight that would fly you over the Himalayas to allow you magnificent views of the same.
4. There are many spots in Nepal where you can bungee jump and zipline from.
5. Mingle in spirituality at the UNESCO world heritage site Boudhanath (Stupa) in Kathmandu.
6. Besides Boudhanath, there are many more temples and stupas in Kathmandu that you can visit like, the (monkey temple of) Swayambhunath and the Kopan Monastery.
7. To behold the might and aesthetic of the Himalaya from Nepal, head to the hill station Nagarkot.
8. Fall in love with Nepal’s wildlife at Chitwan National Park wildlife safari.
9. Find calm amidst the Phewa Lake in Nepal.
10. Other than mind-blowing glaciers, valleys and of course snow, Sagarmatha National Park has an abundance of wildlife you would love to capture in the frame.
11. Lumbini, the birthplace of Siddhartha Gautam or Buddha is probably the best place you will visit in Nepal. The place chimes with echoes of devotees that come from all races of life to feel Nirvana.
12. If you love tea, you will find solace at Nepal’s tea district, Ilam.
13. Explore the caves and underground sites at Siddha Gufa.
14. Paramotoring and hand gliding at locations like Sarangkot can allow you an adventure like never before and are among the best things to do in Nepal.
15. Devi’s fall in Nepal is situated in the Pokhara region of the country. It’s famous for its tunnel formation, which is the result of water flow.
16. Lalitpur also called Patan in Nepal is famously known as Beautiful City. The tag is for the wooden carvings and old school temple architecture it homes.
17. What makes Khumbu Valley trek different from the ones we had talked about above is the skills you would need to summit the same.
Any addition you would want to see to the list?