2019 was a year for sports and there is no denying to the fact. From Cricket World Cup to badminton to tennis a lot happened in 2019. And reliving those moments once and for all, here are 21 best sports moments from 2019 that will forever be etched in our hearts.
1. Smriti Mandhan wins ICC ‘Women’s Cricketer’ and ‘ODI Player Of The Year’ award.
2. PV Sindhu became the first Indian to win BWF World Championships Gold.
3. India’s Sumit Nagal faces Roger Federer in his first-ever Grand Slam match.
4. Sumit Nagal later won Buenos Aires Challenger Title.
5. England won their first-ever World Cup in 2019.
6. Hima das won 200m Gold in Poznan Athletics Grand Prix in Poland.
7. Roger Federer became the second man to win 100 Open era singles titles.
8. Divock Origi seals Liverpool comeback against Barcelona.
9. Hima Das won 5 Gold Medals in a month.
10. Roger Federer breaks down after winning the 10th Swiss Indoors title at the same court where once he was a ball boy.
11. Martin Guptill cries after the World Cup final defeat.
12. Lionel Messi Wins Record Sixth Ballon d’Or.
13. Moment when India held Asian champ Qatar to draw in FIFA 2022 World Cup qualifier.
14. Vijay Shankar gets his debut wicket against Pakistan in the World Cup.
15. Megan Rapinoe led the U.S. women’s soccer team to their fourth Women’s World Cup title.
16. Indian played their first-ever Day-Night Test in India in 2019.
17. Nepal Women Cricket team’s spinner Anjali Chand when she picked up 6 wickets without conceding a single run against the Maldives.
18. Dhoni gets teary eyes after being run out against New Zealand in the 2019 World Cup.
19. Indian women hockey team qualifies for Tokyo Olympics.
20. Dutee Chand became the first Indian sprinter to win gold at the Universiade.
21. Sunil Chhetri scripted history when he surpassed Lionel Messi to become the second-highest active international goalscorer in the world.
What was your favourite sports moment in 2019?