EPFO is all set to credit an 8.5 percent rate of interest for 2019-20 in the employees’ provident fund (EPF) accounts by the end of December.
So when that happens, there surely would be an urge within many of you to check your revised account balance. Thus to ensure you have all the information you need to check your new balance, we have scooped out four easy ways that can opt to check your PF balance.
4 ways you can choose from to check your PF balance:
1. Through Umang App
The Umang app was introduced by the Government of India to allow a range of facilities to its users. One can also check his PF balance using the app besides having access to EPF Passbook, raise or track claims, and more.
- Download the Umang app
- Once done, open the app and tap on ‘EPFO’
- You need to find the ‘Employee Centric Services’ option
- Tap on ‘View Passbook’ to check your EPF balance
- Then enter your UAN number and generate an OTP
- Enter the OTP and tap ‘Login’
- Select the member ID of your company and track your EPF balance
2. Check via EPFO Portal
- To check, first, go to www.epfindia.gov.in
- Then find the ‘Our Services’ option and click on ‘For Employees’ option
- Search for the ‘Member Passbook’ option
- Then you will have to log in using your UAN and password
- To check your EPF balance, select the ‘Member ID’ of the current employer
3. Check via SMS
Yes, you can also check your PF balance using the SMS service on your phone. However, make sure your UAN number is linked to your Aadhaar, PAN Card or your bank account before proceeding.
To check your PF balance, Type EPFOHO UAN ENG and send it to 7738299899.
The ‘ENG’ here stands for the language you would want to receive the details in. If you want to receive the message in any other language other than English, just type the first three letters of the language such as BEN for Bengali, MAR for Marathi, etc.
4. Via Missed Call
This service is only available if you are registered on the UAN portal and your UAN number is linked with Aadhaar, PAN or bank account.
To receive the details, give a missed call to 011-22901406 from the mobile number that is linked with your EPF account.
Once done, you will receive the current EPF account details via SMS.