The month of November in India is when the monsoon leaves clearer skies and cooler winds behind. Be it a solo trip or family vacation, November can be the most ideal month to visit several places in India. This month brings a welcoming sun, grand festivals, cooler sands, cooler winds, and much more.
India has a miscellaneous landscape and therefore there are several places to visit in November. From ancient towns to desserts and from mountains to beaches, you will find numerous places to visit during this month.
Lists Of The Best Places To Visit In November
Here are a few recommendations for you that you will surely don’t want to miss. So, let’s begin the tour!
Goa stands at the top of the list. Whenever we think about the vacation, Goa hits our mind first. And, why not? Apart from its culture, Goa is also known as a well-known UNESCO world heritage site, which is a well-deserved title for all the old Portuguese style heritages in the old Goa.
So, whenever you are on your next trip to Goa, don’t forget to explore the heritage part apart from enjoying the shacks, beaches, and casinos.
- Main Attractions of Goa: Basilica of Bom Jesus, Dona Paula, Aguada fort, Our lady of Immaculate Conception, Goa state museum, Se Cathedral, Church of St. Francis of Assisi, Anjuna beach, Baga beach, Calangute beach, Harvalem waterfalls
- Main Activities To Do In Goa: Travel to Dudhsagar falls by train, hike to the Harvalem waterfalls, snorkelling, Dolphin watching. You can love shopping at local flea markets, dine at shacks, water sports, casinos, enjoy nightlife at clubs, casinos, bars.
- Main Delicacies of Goa: Seafood, Bebinca, Perad, Kulkul, Sannas, Goan Khatkhate, Patolea, Sorak, Cashew nuts
2. Kutch, Gujarat
Kutch, Gujarat is one of the most preferred places to visit in the winters in India. Kutch is the epitome of surrealism with its vast white salt desert. In the month of November, you will be able to enjoy the Rann Utsav festival. This festival makes you feel the true essence of Gujarat and its culture.
Kutch offers you to indulge in different activities like stargazing, rifle shooting, sightseeing, meditation, paramotoring, etc. Believe me or not, but the Kutch and Rann Utsav festival is going to remain with you forever. Reaching Kutch is convenient from Bhuj airport (70kms) and/or the Kutch (nearest railway station).
- Main attractions of Kutch: Kalo Dungar, Aaina Mahal Palace, Mandvi beach, Rann of Kutch, Bhuj hill, Harmirsar lake, Wild Ass Sanctuary, Prag Mahal, Swami Narayan Mandir
- What to do in Kutchi: Jungle safari, Watch cultural heritage and performances, Sightseeing, Birdwatching, Watch Rann of Kutch in the full moon, Activities at Rann Utsav, dress like locals, stay at Kutchi home, shop for traditional stuff
- Main delicacies of Kutch: Kathiyawadi Thali, Kutchi Dabeli, Locho, Thepla, Lilva Kachori
3. Pushkar (Rajasthan)
Pushkar offers the most famous, beautiful, and prestigious Pushkar fair or Pushkar Camel fair every year in November. It attracts millions of tourists from different parts of the world due to its ethnic, cultural, and traditional authenticity.
Here, you will experience the trading of livestock, various competitions like camel decoration, longest moustache, cricket, and a lot more. Also, you will enjoy shops offering traditional vibrant attires, jewellery, handlooms, and obviously the world-renowned Rajasthani vibes.
- Places to visit in Pushkar: Pushkar lake, Bramhaji Temple, Pushkar adventure camp, Varaha Temple, Merta, Rose garden, Man Mahal
- Best activities to do in Pushkar: Sightseeing, Shopping, Hot air ballooning, Camel safari, Hike Savitri Temple, Eat at Out Of The Blu Cafe
- Main delicacies of Pushkar: Khasta Kachori, Dal Baati Churma, Samosa, Malpua, Jalebi Rabdi, Poori Aloo, Makhaniya Lassi, Rajasthani Thali, Poha Pizza Pakwaan at Pushkar Breakfast Corner
4. Varanasi (Uttar Pradesh)
Varanasi is one of the oldest cities of the world and most sacred and holy places. It is also promoted as the Cultural Capital of India. It hosts the significant Ganga Mahotsav at the end of November that you don’t want to miss out on at any cost. The five days Ganga Mahotsav is a true find of craftsmanship and Indian culture which is celebrated with cultural performances by some legendary artists like Zakir Hussain, Birju Maharaj, and Kailash Kher.
Varanasi is well connected with the railway station and airport. The temperature also stays quite lovely between 15°C to 28°C.
- Main attractions: Shri Kashi Vishwanath Temple, Dashashwamedh Ghat, Manikarnika Ghat, Assi Ghat, Ramnagar Fort, Dhamekh Stupa, Chaukhandi Stupa
- Activities you would love to do in Varanasi: Bathe in the River Ganges, Attend Ganga Maha aartis, take spiritual tours, early morning boat rides, shop at local markets
- Main delicacies of Varanasi: Kachori Sabzi(Kaleva), Chena Dahi Vada, Malaiyyo, Choora Matar, Thandai and Lassi, Gol Gappe with Dahi and chutney, Laaiya Chana, Litti(Baati) Chokha, Tamatar chaat
5. Bir Billing (Himachal Pradesh)
If you love adventure and are fond of living through the adrenaline rush then Bir Billing is the perfect place for you. It is known as the Paragliding capital of India. Just after the monsoon, Bir Billing offers adventure sports and lovely sightseeing. Apart from paragliding, you can enjoy camping, trekking, hand gliding, mountain biking, and exploring Deer Park Institute.
- Main attractions of Bir Billing: Adventure sports, Deer park institute, Peme Awam Choegar Gyurme Ling Monastery, Bir Billing Road, Hanuman Garh, Bangoru waterfall, Rajgundha Trek
- What to do in Bir Billing: Paragliding, trekking, camping, shopping, hand gliding, travel by toy train, mountain biking, spa with Arya marga, take a tour of Bir tea factory, explore Tibetan colony, visit tea gardens
- Main delicacies of Bir Billing: steamed and fried momos, thukpa, Himachali Siddu, hot chocolate at June 16 cafe, banoffee pie at silver linings cafe, must try the cafe Kaafila