If you are married and reading this then the title of the news might have already given you a shock. A survey conducted by Gleeden, an extramarital dating app has revealed some shocking facts. Interestingly Women are leading the charts in terms of cheating and sex with other partners.
Some of the facts that the survey put forward are:
- 48% of Indians believe that it is possible to be in love with two people at the same time
- 46% think that one can cheat on a person while still being in love with them
- 7% said they would forgive the partner without a second thought if they found them cheating
- 40% said they would do so if the circumstances were extenuating
- 69% expect to be forgiven by their partner
The survey was conducted among 1,525 Indian married individuals between the age of 25 and 50. Couples from Delhi, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Chennai, Hyderabad, Pune, Kolkata and Ahmedabad were surveyed.
The survey also gave an insight into the marriage and post-marriage situation in the country. Some more interesting from the survey are:
- Divorce rate in India is the lowest in the world at 1%, only 13 split of every 1,000 couples
- 90% of Indian marriages are still fixed by families
- 5% of the couples marry for love
- 49% of married people in India confessed of having had an intimate relationship with someone other than their spouse
- 5 out of 10 have already indulged in casual sex (47%) or one-night stands (46%)
- 41% of women admitted of having had regular sexual intercourses with someone other than the spouse
- 26% of men admitted of having had regular sexual intercourses with someone other than the spouse
- 53% of Indian married women admitted having already had an intimate relationship outside their marriage, against 43% of men
Gleeden which is a Paris based company arrived in India in April 2017 and has eight lakh subscribers in the country at last count. After the 2018 Supreme Court judgment that decriminalized adultery, the app has seen a boom in its user base in India.