Aadhaar has become a crucial document as it is the most sought identity and address proof of an Indian citizen across the country. Thus, keeping it updated is a must.
The UIDAI has fixed some charges when it comes to updating your Aadhaar card details. The UIDAI, in a tweet, informed people that the government has fixed Rs. 100 as an amount for updating biometrics on your Aadhaar. Also, to update your demographic details, the charges will be Rs 50.
This is to ensure that people are not charged more when they sought to update their Aadhaar details.
In a series of tweets, the UIDAI prepared an updated checklist for Aadhaar cardholders seeking to upgrade their identity proofs. The agency has made the process much simpler to avoid difficulties amidst coronavirus pandemic.
To update such details, you can either visit your nearby Aadhaar Enrollment Center (Aadhaar Seva Kendra) or can go to the UIDAI app and website to update your details. You can locate the nearest center on uidai.gov.in.
Here’s the new Aadhaar Card checklist:
1. The registered citizen will also no more need any additional documents, other than the Aadhaar card itself if they wish to update their biometric details like photograph, biometrics (iris and fingerprint scan) gender, mobile number and email ID.
2. To change your address or date of birth, you need to carry a valid address proof and proof of DOB.
3. You need to book an appointment with the nearby Aadhaar Seva Kendra for availing services including new Aadhaar enrollment. This can be done by:
- Visit uidai.gov.in
- Go to My Aadhaar Tab
- Select ‘Get Aadhaar’ or ‘Update Your Aadhaar’
- Book an appointment
4. You can only update your Aadhaar name only twice and DOB only once in a lifetime.
The last date to link PAN with Aadhaar has also been moved till March 31, 2020