Aadhaar – EPF Linking: EPFO has clearly said that linking Aadhaar Card with PF UAN is important to get PF contributions from the employers and avail other benefits. The Employees Provident Fund holders have time till August 30 to link their Aadhaar card with the Provident Fund accounts.
The labour ministry amended Section 142 of the Code of Social Security 2020 to implement this new rule.
Vidisha Krishan, who is a partner at law firm MV Kini said that “The linking of PAN and Aadhar Card is a basic Know Your Customer (KYC) requirement of all banks, PPF accounts and EPF accounts. If this is not done then as an enforcement measure interest credit by employers and withdrawal claims from you PF acocunts will face issues such as rejection. This is a basic enforcement measure.”
Steps to Link Your Aadhaar Card With PF Account
Follow the steps to link your aadhaar card with PF account.
- Open Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation official website
- Then, go to For Employees’ Tab and select ‘UAN Member e-Sewa’ link
- Login using UAN ID and password
- Now, hit the ‘Manage Tab’, and select the KYC option
- Then after, you will be redirected to a page where you will find tabs to upload a number of documents to link with your EPF account
- Select the tab stating ‘Aadhaar’
- Fill in the details and click on ‘Save’
- Then, your Aadhaar number will be verified.
- Once the employer and UIDAI approve you details, your EPF account linked to the Aadhaar card