The Election Commission of India (ECI) has advised everyone to link their Aadhaar, Voter ID card as per the Election Laws (Amendment) Act, 2021, which was introduced in parliament in December last year.
Aadhaar, Voter ID Linking
The motive behind getting all citizens to link their Aadhaar, Voter ID is to validate the identity of the voters in the electoral rolls, and to whether someone is fed in the same constituency more than once or the same name is registered in multiple constituencies.
But a point to note is that the Election Commission of India has not mandated the linking of these two essential documents yet. Moreover, they have informed that no existing voter will be removed from the database or electoral list even though they have not provided their Aadhaar number.
If you want to link your Aadhaar, Voter ID Together Than Here Are The Easy Steps:
- Voter Helpline App is available in Google Play Store and Apple App Store, download it.
- Open the app, complete the formalities and click Next.
- Now navigate and open the Electoral Authentication Form (Form 6B).
- On the next screen click “Let’s Start”.
- Now enter your Aadhaar registered mobile number and send the OTP to verify.
- Select the option that says, “Yes I Have Voter ID” and then choose Next.
- On the next screen type Voter ID number (EPIC), and after filling in certain information click on “Fetch details”.
- Then tap on Proceed.
- Fill in the details such as Aadhaar Number, registered mobile number and more. Then click ‘Done’.
- Then Form 6B will open in front of you, check the details carefully and confirm for the final submission.