Viral News

Add Nominee For Your Car And Bike In Case Of Divorce, Division of Property, Or Transfer Of Assets

Until now, selling your bike or car was cumbersome. Now, the owner can transfer the bike and easily comply with the procedures which required frequent visits to different offices. However, the add nominee for car and bike could differ from one Regional Transport Office to another. 

Source: Quickr


The Ministry of Road Transport and Highways has notified the procedures to change to the Central Motor Vehicles Rules, 1989. Now, the vehicle owner can nominate a person in the registration certificate. In case of the owner’s death, the nominee can get the vehicle transferred in his/ her name.

At the time or after purchasing, the owner can mention the nominee. While mentioning the name of the nominee, the owner must submit the identity proof.

Also Read: What Losses To Be Bear, If You Don’t Transfer Your PF Account Under One UAN


In case of the owner’s death, the nominee needs to inform the registering authority of the demise within one month. In case, if this incident took place, the nominee can use the vehicle for three months.

Also, the nominee needs to submit Form 31 within 90 months from the death of the owner. The owner can also change the nominee in case of divorce, division of property, or transfer of assets – not when selling the vehicle.

Find Your Daily Dose of NEWS and Insights - Follow ViralBake on WhatsApp and Telegram

Singh Vivek

With over 5 years of writing obituaries for a different organisation, I have a uniquely wry voice that shines through in my newest collection of articles.

Related Articles

Back to top button

AdBlocker Detected

Please Disable Adblock To Proceed & Used This Website!