Bharti Airtel is hyping up the progress of 5G network coverage across the major cities in India. The telecom giant is expected to expand its operations in all the significant metro cities of India by the end of December 2023 and nationwide till 2024. The company has made its Airtel 5G services available in seven cities of Andhra Pradesh. So, the users living in Vijayawada, Rajahmundry, Kakinada, Kurnool, Guntur & Tirupati these major cities are now able to enjoy the high speed 5G services.
Full List of Airtel 5G Launched States and UT
- Assam: Guwahati
- Andhra Pradesh: Vizag, Vijayawada, Rajahmundry, Kakinada, Kurnool, Guntur and Tirupati.
- Bihar: Patna, Muzaffarpur, Bodh Gaya and Bhagalpur.
- Gujarat: Ahmedabad
- Haryana: Gurugram, Panipat and Faridabad.
- Himachal Pradesh: Shimla
- Jammu & Kashmir: Jammu, Srinagar, Samba, Kathua, Udhampur, Akhnoor, Kupwara, Lakhanpur and Khour.
- Jharkhand: Ranchi and Jamshedpur.
- Karnataka: Bengaluru
- Kerala: Kochi
- Maharashtra: Mumbai, Nagpur and Pune.
- Madhya Pradesh: Indore
- Manipur: Imphal
- Odisha: Bhubaneswar, Cuttack, Rourkela and Puri.
- Rajasthan: Jaipur, Kota and Udaipur.
- Tamil Nadu: Chennai, Coimbatore, Madurai, Hosur and Trichy.
- Telangana: Hyderabad
- Tripura: Agartala
- Uttarakhand: Dehradun
- Uttar Pradesh: Varanasi, Lucknow, Agra, Meerut, Gorakhpur, Kanpur, Prayagraj, Noida and Ghaziabad.
- West Bengal: Siliguri
How to Know Airtel 5G is Available in Your Area?
It’s very simple to know whether Airtel 5G service is available in your area or not. Just use the Airtel Thanks App to detect the 5G networks in your area.
Remember, that Airtel has confirmed that 4G sim card users will not have to switch or buy a new Airtel 5G sim card to access the high-speed network. The 4G sim card automatically detects the 5G network once the smartphone is in the range.
Also read:List of Government Backed Saving Schemes in India
How to Activate Airtel 5G Plus?
Steps to activate Airtel 5G on Android phone:
- First, enter the phone’s settings.
- Go to ‘Mobile Network’.
- Now choose an Airtel SIM Card and tap on the ‘Preferred network type’ option.
- Then select ‘5G’.
Steps to activate Airtel 5G on iPhone:
- Similar to the android process, first open the ‘Settings’ menu.
- Select ‘Mobile Data’.
- Then visit ‘Voice and Data’.
- Click on ‘5G AUTO’ and this will connect you to the Airtel 5G if available in your area.