Did you know it is necessary to apply for a birth certificate of a new born child within 21 days of the birth of the child? No worries, because you can apply for a birth certificate of your child online as well as offline mode. We will look at the easy process to apply for a Birth Certificate online in India in this article.
Since it is the first ever document of a newborn baby, it is the base on which a child gets his or her Aadhaar Card. All these documents are important to get admission in the school so please do not be irresponsible about these documents.
You can apply for a birth certificate online as well as offline mode. Let us look at the online step by step process to file for a birth certificate of a new born baby
Step by Step Method to File Online Application for Birth Certificate-
Here is a step by step method to file for birth certificate online and you must follow the steps carefully to avoid any mistakes:
- Every state has a different portal for birth certificates, and you must open the one dedicated to your residential state.
- Find the link to the birth certificate on the portal and click on it.
- A form will appear on your screen that you must fill correctly.
- You will have to upload supporting documents which include Marriage Certificate of parents, Aadhaar Card of parents and Birth letter given from the hospital.
- Once you have carefully filled this form and uploaded the docs, submit it.
- You will get your birth certificate for the child within a week’s time or 8 days.
In this article, we learnt how to apply for a birth certificate online in India using simple required steps. It is a simple process that takes about 10 minutes to follow and then the birth certificate arrives within a week at your doorsteps.
Please keep in mind that every state has a different portal for their birth certificates and you need to find the one dedicated to your state. Share this article with new parents or the ones who are expecting to become one soon.