The Employees Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO), the apex retirement fund managing Government body, at the start of this week announced the provisions for employees seeking higher pension benefits. “The move is the result of a Supreme Court decision on November 4 that allowed employees to contribute up to 8.33 percent of their actual salaries – as against 8.33 percent of pensionable salary capped at ₹ 15,000 a month – towards pension. The retirement fund body has activated a link on the unified members’ portal where EPFO subscribers seeking a higher pension can apply by May 3, 2023,” mentioned NDTV.
Steps to Apply for Higher EPFO Pension:
- First using any browser visit the official member e-Sewa portal.
- You will find the link on the website that reads, “Pension on higher salary: Exercise of joint option on or before May 3, 2023”.
- Just click on the link.
- On the next page, you will find two options just click on the second option- Application form for joint options.
- Next, click on “Application form for joint options – Joint options under erstwhile para 11 (3) and para 11 (4) of EPS 1995 for employees who were in service prior to 1st September 2014 and continued to the in service on or after 01.09.2014 but could not exercise joint option under the erstwhile provision to para 11 (3) of EPS 1995 to be exercised on or before 3rd May 2023.”
- On the next page, enter the details like UAN, Name, Date of birth, Aadhaar number, and Aadhaar linked mobile number.
- Now verify yourself with a captcha code, which you will receive on your mobile number.
- After filing the form, recheck your details thoroughly and pay the application fee.
- Now take the hard copy for your future reference.
Also read:SBI Money Transfer: Money Debited But UPI Payment Failed?
As per an EPFO circular released on December 29, 2022, “the central government has directed to implement the directions in the Supreme Court order. The court had given all EPS members, as on September 1, 2014, six months to opt for the amended scheme.”
Loss my user ID and tell me my user ID