Army Chief General Bipin Rawat on Sunday informed that the army took retaliatory actions against 4 terror camps in PoK region near Tangdhar and Keran sectors along the Line of Control (LoC). Out of four three camps were destroyed while the assessment of damage to the fourth one was going on.
#WATCH "There is pressure on them. They have to take action. We would like them to work towards restoring peace. To be on such a 'Grey List' is a setback for any nation," says Army Chief General Bipin Rawat on Financial Action Task Force warns Pakistan of blacklisting pic.twitter.com/43V7Y6aBr9— ANI (@ANI) October 19, 2019
Around six to ten Pakistani terrorists and an equal number of Pakistani soldiers were killed in the action taken by the Indian Army. Pakistan has taken into unprovoked ceasefire violations since Saturday which in which two Indian soldiers and a civilian were killed.
The attack by the Indian army came in response to this attack of Pakistan and was aimed at preventing infiltration to the Indian side. There was definite information about infiltration and the coordinates of the terror camps were know said the Army Chief.
Pakistan, on the other hand, accused India of unprovoked ceasefire violations and claimed that it had reacted fittingly. As per Pakistan, 9 Indian soldiers were killed, several injured and 2 Indian bunkers destroyed as a result of there retaliatory attack. Pakistan also claimed that during the exchange of fire one soldier and three civilians git shaheed, two soldiers and five civilians were injured on their side.
Rejecting Pakistan’s claim the army chief said “Any action they attempt, the reaction they will get from us will be far more superior from what they have experienced so far”. He further advised Pakistan to pay heed to the directions of FATF and not provide support to any terrorists.
Earlier in the day Defence Minister Rajnath Singh spoke to Gen Bipin Rawat and was appraised of the developments and the situation along the LoC.