Bank News: Banks are likely to remain close in some cities of India on Thursday and Friday due to various festivals. The Negotiable Instruments Act by the Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has declared these holidays.
As per the guidelines available with Viral Bake, all banks including the private sector, public sector, cooperative banks, foreign banks, and regional banks all over the country will remain closed on certain occasions.
On May 13, these banks will remain close in the following cities – Kochi, Jammu, Belapur, Nagpur, Srinagar, Mumbai, and Thiruvananthapuram on the occasion of Ramzan-Id or Eid Ul Fitr (Shawal 1).
On May 14, banks will close in Ahmedabad, Agartala, Bhopal, Bengaluru, Aizawl, Chennai, Dehradun, Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Hyderabad, Imphal, Gangtok, Guwahati, Kolkata, Lucknow, Jaipur, Kanpur, Panaji, Patna, New Delhi, Shillong, Raipur, Ranchi, and Shimla because of Bhagavan Shree Parshuram Jayanti, Ramjan-Eid (Eid UI Fitr, Basava Jayanti, and Akshaya Tritiya.
List Of Bank Holidays In May 2021
- May 13: Ramzan-Id (Eid-Ul-Fitr) – This will be a national holiday across the country.
- May 14: Bhagvan Shree Parshuram Jayanti /Basava Jayanti/Akshaya Tritiya – Banks in the national capital, Chennai and Kolkata among other cities will remain closed.
- May 26: Buddha Purnima – It will be implemented in several states.
- May 16: Weekly off (Sunday)
- May 22: Fourth Saturday
- May 23: Weekly off (Sunday)
- May 30: Weekly off (Sunday)