Bank of Baroda Bank India’s public sector bank, has stated that the UPI ATM function is now available at over 6,000 Bank of Baroda (BoB) ATMs across the country. Customers will be able to withdraw cash without using a debit or credit card.
“It is the first Public Sector Bank to launch UPI ATMs, in coordination with the National Payments Corporation of India (NPCI) and powered by NCR Corporation,” according to the statement published by Bank of Baroda on September 8, 2023. clients of Bank of Baroda, as well as clients of all participating issuing banks, can withdraw cash from Bank of Baroda UPI ATMs without using their debit card.”
The bank’s UPI ATM was on display at the Global Fintech Fest 2023, which took place from September 5 to 7 in Mumbai.
The UPI ATM offers smooth QR-based cash withdrawals, eliminating the need to carry a Card to withdraw cash, according to a BoB announcement. It uses the Interoperable Cardless Cash Withdrawal (ICCW) technology, which supports cardless cash withdrawals through ATMs.
Features of UPI-ATM (ICCW) Service
- Card-less Transaction Interoperability
- The transaction limit per transaction is Rs 10,000. It will be included in the existing UPI per day restriction as well as the Issuer Bank’s limits for UPI-ATM transactions.
- There is no need to carry a card while withdrawing cash from an ATM.
- The UPI APP allows you to withdraw money from different accounts.
Who Is Eligible To Use The Bank Of Baroda UPI ATM?
Customers of Bank of Baroda, as well as clients of all participating issuing banks, can withdraw cash from Bank of Baroda UPI ATMs using any UPI-enabled Mobile app without needing their debit or credit card.
Procedure For Withdrawing Cash From A Bank Of Baroda UPI ATM
To withdraw cash from a Bank of Baroda UPI ATM, complete these steps:
- Step 1: Select the “UPI Cardless Cash” option on the ATM screen.
- Step 2: Choose the cash withdrawal amount.
- Step 3: Scan the QR Code displayed on the ATM screen using a UPI app.
- Step 4: Select the bank account to be debited, if multiple bank accounts are linked to a single UPI ID
- Step 5: Confirm the transaction using the UPI PIN and collect the cash
The Advantages Of UPI ATM
Customers can withdraw cash from numerous accounts linked to UPI, which is one of the key advantages of the UPI ATM function. According to the bank, UPI ATM transactions are also faster, more convenient, and more secure. This is because they produce a single-use dynamic QR code for each transaction and offer a safe banking experience.
How Does UPI-ATM (Interoperable Card-less Cash Withdrawal) Work?
- Once the customer selects the option ‘UPI cash withdrawal’ at the ATM, the customer shall be prompted to enter the withdrawal amount.
- After entering the amount, the ATM screen will show a single-use dynamic QR code (signed).
- To obtain cash from an ATM, customers must scan the QR code with any UPI APP
- In the next step you have to authorize the transaction using their UPI PIN on their mobile device (UPI Application).