To avail PF benefits further, the retirement body EPFO or Employees Provident Fund Organisation has suggested the members complete their e-nomination process. However, the organisation has not yet set any time limitations to complete the process. But to provide social security to the families of members EPFO is urging them to complete the process as soon as possible. To execute this process an employee does not require any type of permission from the employer and the process is completely online using a UAN number.
Benefits of Registering E-Nomination
- EPFO said that by registering the e-Nominations family members of the deceased can settle claims more fluidly, through an online process.
- Pay of up to ₹7 lakh of Pension, PF or insurance can be settled easily with an online process without paperwork.
- After completing nominations one can avail of “Provident Fund (PF), Pension (EPS), and Insurance (EDLI) benefits”.
How To Register E-Nominations?
- Members will have to visit the official website of EPFO.
- In the Services section chose ‘For Employees’
- Then click on ‘Member UAN/Online Service’.
- Now on the next page, you will have to log in using your credential like UAN and password.
- Select ‘e-Nomination’ given under the ‘Manage’ section
- Under ‘Provide Details’ select save.
- Then click yes to the declaration.
- On the next page, you will have to fill in the family details of the family member whom you want to make your nominee.
Also read:New GST Rates Will Be In Effect From July 18, Not From July 1
- Now select ‘Nomination Details’.
- To save click ‘Save EPF Nomination’, then you will have to sign through the OTP process, so click ‘e-Sign’ to generate OTP on your registered mobile number.
- Verify with OTP and the process will be completed.