Farmer unions have called for a Bharat Bandh on Monday. They also announced that they would close all the borders connecting to Delhi. In respect to this, the police in Uttar Pradesh and Punjab issued an advisory on traffic diversion.
Meanwhile, the Delhi Police said that protestors against Farm Bill will not be allowed to enter the national capital region from the three protest sites. The Delhi Police said, “Adequate security arrangements have been made as a precautionary measure in view of the Bharat Bandh. Check posts have been strengthened in the border areas. There will be adequate deployment in all important establishments including India Gate and Vijay Chowk. All the roads connecting Delhi with the villages in the border areas will be strictly checked.”
Traffic Routes That Are Diverted By The UP Police
- UP Gate: Traffic coming from Delhi will be diverted via Seemapuri, Maharajpur, and Tulsi Niketan.
- Loni Border Indrapuri: Traffic going towards Delhi from the Loni border will be diverted towards Delhi via Loni Tiraha, Bhopura, Tila Mor.
- Modinagar Rajchoupla: Traffic coming from the Meerut side will be diverted to Meerut-Delhi Expressway from Partapur Meerut. The remaining traffic will be diverted from Kadarabad Mohidinpur towards Hapur. Moreover, the Ghaziabad to Meerut route is diverted to Niwari from Muradnagar Ganganagar.
- Dasna Peripheral: The Peripheral Way from Ghaziabad and Hapur will remain closed on Monday. Additionally, the roads via Noida or Dasna will be shut.
- Duhai Peripheral Toll Plaza: Traffic coming from Meerut will be diverted via the ALT intersection, Meerut intersection. From Duhai, no vehicle will be able to go towards Dasna through the Peripheral Way.
Also Read: Everything You Need To Know About Centre’s Agriculture Bills 2020 That Farmers Are Protesting Against
Traffic Diversions in Chandigarh
- In Punjab, traffic diversions take place at six points, i.e. Mullanpur barrier, 66KV light point, Khuda Lahora bridge, Dhanas bridge, tubewell turn in Sector 25, T-point near Dhanas Lake and PGIMER Chowk.
- Traffic coming from Phases 1 and 2, Industrial Area, at Poultry Farm Chowk will be diverted towards Tribune Chowk.
- Commuters travelling to the Hallomajra light point will be diverted towards the Kalibari light point instead of Tribune Chowk.
- The route from Panchkula towards the Hallomajra light point will be diverted towards Baltana village near the Raipur Kalan barrier and towards the airport light point at the Makhan Majra turn.