When it comes to travelling long distances we always prefer Indian Railways. IRCTC for many years now has offered the most comfortable train journeys ever. The authority never left any opportunity at the table to make rail journeys more convenient. From ticket booking services to meal ordering systems everything has been taken care of the best.
It can also be explained as the class of services that the Railway offers comes best in budget. Long-distance journeys are less expensive than other means of travel than Railways. Moreover, if we look at the latest online ticket booking system, it has been so advanced and secure. You can check the train routes, and timings, and book your seats at affordable rates. But what happens when you need more? What if you want to book an entire train or coach to travel with lots of people? Can you book an entire train or coach? Let’s find out.
Booking the Whole Train or Coach With IRCTC
So, yes you can book a large number of seats or the whole coach with IRCTC. The question is whether you will have to pay extra charges or if there is any different procedure to follow.
Also read:Heatwave Warning: Hyderabad On Orange Alert With Temperature Hitting 40 Degrees Celsius
Step-by-Step Guide to Book Entire Train or Coach with IRCTC:
- First, visit the official site of IRCTC.
- On the homepage select the FTR Service option to book the entire train or coach.
- Now you will have to fill in the complete information of passengers and journey.
- Make the final payment.
- At IRCTC you must pay a security amount of ₹50,000 to receive one coach.
- If you want to book the entire passenger train or 18 coaches then you must pay ₹9 Lakh.
- Your reservation must be made 30 days to 6 months in advance.
- For every stoppage after 7 days, you will have to make an additional payment of ₹10,000.
- You can also extend the number of coaches to 24 if you want.