EducationViral News

Canada Revised Regulations, Offers 3-Year Post Graduation Work Permit to All Master’s Grads

The Post-Graduation Work Permit Program (PGWPP) policy for students from abroad who have completed master’s degree programs has been revised by the Government of Canada.

The Department of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) shared a post on X (formerly Twitter) with the following message: Effective February 15, 2024, changes to the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program (PGWPP) for graduates of master’s degree programs will come into force. In recognition that graduates of master’s degree programs are excellent candidates to succeed in Canada’s labour market and potentially transition to permanent residence, you could be eligible for a 3-year PGWP even if the length of their study program may have been less than two years.”

In other words, the Department of Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada has declared that graduates of master’s degree programs in Canada will be eligible for a three-year PGWP, even if their program was less than two years. The revised policy is effective as of February 15, 2024.

“As long as you meet all other eligibility criteria (e.g., the program must have been a minimum of 8 months), you can apply for a 3-year PGWP, even if the duration of your master’s degree was less than 2 years,” the official website says. Go to the IRCC’s official website for further information.

How Can I Apply For A Work Visa After Graduating?

According to the official website, qualified applicants can submit an application for a post-graduation work permit (PGWP) from inside Canada or abroad, provided that they meet the requirements. After you graduate, he or she has 180 days to apply for a PGWP.

The Following Must Be Verified When You Apply:

  • That you participated in and finished your course
  • The program’s name
  • The length of your program

Any Of The Following Can Be Submitted To Verify These:

  • Your certification or degree
  • Your official transcript or a letter from your school
  • You have two choices if your study permit expires before you receive the results. You can apply for a visitor record to extend your stay in the country or apply for your PGWP after leaving.

Find Your Daily Dose of NEWS and Insights - Follow ViralBake on WhatsApp and Telegram

Stuti Talwar

Expressing my thoughts through my words. While curating any post, blog, or article I'm committed to various details like spelling, grammar, and sentence formation. I always conduct deep research and am adaptable to all niches. Open-minded, ambitious, and have an understanding of various content pillars. Grasp and learn things quickly.

Related Articles

Back to top button

AdBlocker Detected

Please Disable Adblock To Proceed & Used This Website!