Aadhaar Card carries a 12-digit unique identification number, which is produced and assigned by the Unique Identification Authority of India or UIDAI. UIDAI holds the world’s largest biometric system in its database. This large database consists of biometric and demographic information of every registered citizen. Thus, the Government has created the largest ever-built ID system that can be used to verify citizens while they open bank accounts, get a new mobile connection, or when avail of Government scheme benefits.
Furthermore, “the Aadhaar card also contains information such as name, date of birth, and address, and can be used as a proof of identity and address. It is linked to a person’s mobile number and bank account, making it a convenient way to avail of various services and benefits,” mentioned News18.
Updating Aadhaar Card
Fields that You Can Change in Aadhar
You can edit demographic details including Name, Address, DoB, Gender, Mobile Number, and Email id and biometric details such as fingerprints, iris and Aadhaar photo.
How to Change Demographic Details in Aadhaar?
There are 2 different ways to change demographic details in Aadhaar Card:
- The first way is to visit the Aadhaar enrollment centre and get it done. This includes visiting the official website of UIDAI and clicking on the ‘Locate an Enrolment Centre’ option to find the nearest one for you.
- The second way is to download and use the myAadhaar app to change your demographic details.
Also read:Step-by-Step Guide: Linking Your Aadhaar Card to Your EPF Account via Umang App
How to Change or Update Your Aadhaar Card Photo?
- First, check the nearest enrollment centre by visiting this official website.
- Now fill out the right form to submit it at the Aadhaar enrollment centre.
- Next, the Aadhaar operator at the centre will collect your biometric details.
- The operator will take your photo as per your request to change it.
- You will receive an acknowledgement slip carrying URN or an Update Request Number.
- With URN you can track the status of your request.