Linking Aadhaar with essential documents should be the priority of any citizen as per the Government. Your Aadhaar must be linked with every document, whether PAN, mobile number, or bank account. And with the recent notification, the Central Government wants citizens to link their unique ID with invested mutual funds also. This linking process will assist the Government to assess every transaction to judge its authenticity. This is a one time process and can be done in various ways. In this article, you will learn how to link your Aadhaar with mutual funds with both offline and online methods.
Online Method To Link Aadhaar-Mutual Fund
- You can easily link them by visiting the official website of the mutual fund Registrar and Transfer Agents (RTAs).
- You will need to enter all the essential information including PAN, Aadhaar number, DOB, etc.
- Select one or more mutual funds as per your investment choices.
- Now click on ‘Generate OTP’ for the verification process, and submit.
- After the process is completed you will receive the confirmation.
Offline Method To Link Aadhaar- Mutual Fund
For offline processes, you can directly call your AMC, and request to link both your essentials. However, you must provide all the options in the form and submit it.
In case you want to link your essentials through CAMS or Karvy, you will have to download the Aadhaar card updation form from their official website. Then after filling and signing the form, you will have to submit it to the nearest CAMS or Karvy office, but remember to include the self-attested copy of your aadhaar card.
Also read:Type of PPF Account That Cannot Be Extended
Linking The Same Via SMS
The process is very simple, if you are completing the process via Karvy, then just send a message “Type ADRLNK (space) PAN (space) Aadhar number (space) Y” to the number +919212993399.
Linking Through Email
The linking process can also be completed by sending a formal email to your AMCs. Remember to mention your Aadhaar and PAN info.