During the rise of coronavirus cases in the state, Tamil Nadu Chief Minister MK Stalin announced the extension of lockdown in the state. The decision is soon released after the meeting chaired with CM and top officials.
Tamil Nadu falls in the top five states that have recorded the high Covid-19 cases in India. In the past 24 hours, the state recorded 22,651 new virus cases — the highest in the country.
However, this extension has provided some relaxation in curfew rules. The Tamil Nadu state government has come up with two sets of relaxations for 11 districts having a low positivity rate and more relaxation in all other districts. The 11 districts lists follow Nilgiris, Coimbatore, Tiruppur, Salem, Erode, Karur, Thanjavur, Namakkal, Nagapattinam, Thiruvarur, and Mayiladuthurai.
Also Read: “No Vaccination, No Salary” Policy For Government Employees In Uttar Pradesh
Relaxation in 11 districts
- Vegetable, meat, Grocery, and fish shops are allowed to operate from 6.00 am to 5.00 pm.
- Platform stalls selling fruits, flowers, and vegetables allowed to operate from 6.00 am to 5.00 pm.
- Fish markets are allowed for wholesale.
- Slaughter houses permitted for wholesale only.
- Government offices can operate with up to 30 percent of employees.
- 50 tokens per day at Sub Registrar offices.
Relaxations for other districts
- Private security service companies and services including housekeeping in offices, houses, and flats allowed with e-registration.
- Self-employed persons such as electricians, plumbers, computer and machine repair technicians (motor technicians), and carpenters are allowed to work with e-registration from 6.00 am to 5.00 pm.
- Shops selling electrical goods, bulbs, cables, switches, and wires allowed operating from 6.00 am to 5.00 pm.
- Bicycle and motorcycle repair shops allowed open from 6.00 am to 5.00 pm.
- Hardware stores allowed to operate from 6.00 am to 5.00 pm.
- Vehicle parts sales outlets allowed to operate from 6.00 am to 5.00 pm. Shops selling textbooks and stationery allowed to operate from 6.00 am to 5.00 pm.
CM Stalin said the government’s scheme of selling fruits and vegetables to the public through mobile vehicles is well received by the public. Also, it will continue further. He requested the general public to go to shops near their homes to buy goods and avoid going to the shops on two-wheelers and four-wheelers.