Linking your PAN and Aadhaar has become mandatory for all after the announcement from the IT Department. The deadline for linking both these documents is today, June 30. Earlier the last date was March 31, 2023, which was extended due to a non-linking rate among citizens.
Deadline For Linking PAN and Aadhaar
This deadline is not decided by any one authority but is a joint decision taken by UIDAI and the IT Department of India. Now, those who link their PAN and Aadhaar have now attracted a fine of ₹1,000. Moreover, if they still fail to link both these documents till the very last, then they may face severe consequences.
“On not linking the PAN to Aadhaar, the PAN card will be made inoperative. Which will lead to recurring issues with filing ITR and other financial difficulties. Hence, it is advised that those who have not linked PAN and Aadhaar yet must get it done.”
How do you Link PAN and Aadhaar Through SMS?
- Open the messaging app on your phone.
- Now create a new conversation and type a message in this format: <10 Digit PAN Number>.
- Next, send this type of message to this 56161 or 567678 number.
- You will receive a message for successfully linking your documents.
How to Check the PAN and Aadhaar Linking Status?
- Visit the official website.
- Access the Quick Links section and tap on the Aadhaar link status.
- Enter your PAN and Aadhaar details to be linked.
- Now click the ‘View Link Aadhaar Status’ option.
- This will let you see the linking status.