According to a recent announcement, the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO) has begun the process of crediting interest into provident fund (PF) accounts.
Bhupender Yadav, Union Minister for Labour and Employment, has stated that EPFO had already credited interest on over 24 crore accounts. The interest rate for EPF accounts is 8.15 per cent for the fiscal year 2022-23.
In response to questions concerning the timing of interest crediting into EPF accounts, the EPFO stated, “The process is underway and will be reflected shortly.” Once the interest has been credited, it will be accrued and paid in full, guaranteeing that no interest is lost. Please exercise patience.”
How to Check the Balance of Your EPF Account
Individuals can access the interest in their PF account once it has been credited. There are various ways to check a provident fund account’s balance:
Using the Umang App
- Install the ‘UMANG’ app from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store.
- Register for EPFO services via the app.
- Select ‘View Passbook’ under ‘Employee-centric service’ from the ‘Service’ menu.
- To access your EPF passbook and check your balance, follow the instructions, including OTP verification.
Using the EPFO Portal
- Visit the EPFO website.
- Go to ‘Our Services’ and then pick ‘For Employees.’
- To access your information, select ‘Member Passbook’ from the ‘Services’ menu.
If your UAN is linked to the EPFO, you may check your contribution and PF balance by texting EPFOHO UAN ENG to 7738299899, where ‘ENG’ reflects the desired language (e.g., MAR for Marathi).
If their PAN, Aadhaar, and bank account data are connected to the UAN, registered users can receive details by dialling 011-22901406 from their registered cellphone number. Employers may help seed this information, and there is no fee for this service.