Employees Provident Fund Organization is now going to take an essential decision regarding the Ex-Gratia Death Relief Fund.
EPFO Ex-Gratia Update
As per the new EPFO circular, it has asked to increase the amount of ex-gratia from Rs.4.2 lakh to Rs.8 lakh. The circular states that the amount of ex-gratia of Rs.8 lakh is to be paid to the family of deceased central board employee from the welfare fund, cause of death is except corona disease.
Employees should note that this new rule will be applicable and the amount will be paid to the employee’s family when an employee has passed away after the date of the issued circular.
This new decision of EPFO related to increasing the ex-gratia amount will benefit more than 30,000 employees of the country.
What is Ex-Gratia Payment?
Ex-Gratia means ‘by favour’ in Latin. Now as per the Payment rules of the central government, on the death of any on-duty government servant. The ex-gratia is paid to the family member whose name is mentioned as a nominee by the employee. As per private organizations, ex-gratia is the favour paid to an employee, and it is not a legal liability of any company.
E-Nominations For EPFO
EPFO has also updated the employees to register the nominations through online mode in their accounts. Employees should consider the notification and register the e-nominations for a smooth transfer process.
Steps To Follow For Registering E-Nominations:
- Visit the official website of EPFO.
- Under the option of ‘Services’ select ‘For Employees’.
- Now select ‘Member UAN/Online Service (OCS/OTCP)’.
- The login page will open and log in with your UAN and password.
- Under the tab ‘Manage’ select ‘E-Nominations’.
- Under the ‘Provide Detail’ tab select ‘Save’.
- Click ‘Yes’ to update the family declarations
- Then click on ‘Add Family Details’ to nominate only one member.
- Now select ‘Nomination Details’ to set the amount of share to give.
- After filling in the details click on ‘Save EPF Nominations’.
- For the final step click on E-Sign, the OTP will be send on the registered mobile number.