Hosting the International Yoga Festival is no less than pride for India. Yoga, which is adopted as a medium to achieve harmony of mind, soul and body, is widely celebrated among people from across the world.
Over the years, Rishikesh, the birthplace of Yoga, has been inviting people to be a part of the Yoga festival and this year is no exception.
International Yoga Festival 2020, which will commence from March 1, 2020, till March 7, 2020, in Rishikesh will bring in people from more than 100 countries together. And if wanting to be a part of it, then here is your guide to the Yoga festival.
The International Yoga Festival, like every year, will be hosted at the banks of holy Ganges in Rishikesh at Parmarth Niketan Ashram. The festival aims to promote harmony of body, mind and soul through Yoga practices like Pranayama, Hatha Yoga and Yog Nidra.
Along with all the branches of Yoga, numerous meditative sessions like Agnihotra, Ajapa Japa, Antar Mauna, Chakra Sudhi, Chidakasha Dharma are also the highlight of the festival.
Schedule of International Yoga Festival
Though the schedule varies with dates but a basic schedule includes:
- Classes starting from 4 AM (March 1, 2020).
- One-hour yoga class at 6.30 AM, followed by a simple breakfast.
- Several two-hour hour yoga sessions start at 8.30 AM.
- Inspiring lectures from revered saints and yogacharyas at 11:00 AM.
- Traditional Indian lunch from 12:30 PM to 1:30 PM.
- After short rest, three Yogasana classes from 3.30 PM to 5.00 PM.
- From 6.00 PM to 7.00 PM, attend the Aarti, on the banks of the river Ganga.
- Dinner at 7.00 PM.
- Special evening programs of satsang, cultural song and dance performances, campfires, etc.
- Lights out at 9.30 PM.
Places To Visit Around Rishikesh
When is Rishikesh, Yoga is not only the way to detox once soul. The spirituality that reeks out from the city is found in multiple places you can visit across the city. Thus make sure you visit Laxman Jhula, Neelhantha Mahadev Temple, the ashrams, temples and so many more places including Haridwar to grab the real essence of the city.
Besides, adrenaline seekers can indulge in activities like white water rafting, kayaking, bungee jumping, trekking, flying fox and camping among others.
International Yoga festival ticket price can go high considering the output you gain when you are a part of the festival. You can check the ticket price here. With that being said, if planning to book your tickets to the Yoga festival, do share your experience with us.