Government, Dearness Allowance To Increase By 3%

Dearness Allowance To Be Increase By 3 Percent

Government can take a major decision regarding ‘Dearness Allowance’ for central government employees and pensioners. This decision can result in great news for the employees, as the report suggests that DA can be increased by 3 percent. On March 16, a cabinet meeting is going to take place, and after that the final decision can be made. Most probably government employees and pensioners will get DA & DR Dearness Relief (DR) at the rate of 34 percent. This decision will be very beneficial for more than 50 lakh employees and 65 lakh pensioners.

DA To Increase By 3 Percent

What is Dearness Allowance?

Dearness Allowance is the component of an employee’s salary structure, which the government provides to them to fight inflation. When DA is given in the salary, it is calculated by a fixed percentage in comparison to the basic salary.

Also read:

RBI Launches New UPI Service, No Need To Be Online Now

Decision Can Come Before Holi

As the Cabinet meeting is going to take place on March 16, it is possible then the final decision will be out. The meeting is going to be about increasing the DA & DR for the central government employees and pensioners. As per the recommendation of 7th pay commission, the government calculates the DA with respect to basic salary. Due to the election this decision is getting late, but now can be taken as the results of Assembly election 2022 are out.

How Much DA Will Impact

At present the government is giving the DA at the rate of 31 percent. Now with the increase of 3 percent the total DA will be 34 percent. If your basic salary is Rs.20000, then at the rate of 34 percent you will get the DA of Rs.6800. Which before was Rs.6200 with rate of 31 percent.

Find Your Daily Dose of NEWS and Insights - Follow ViralBake on WhatsApp and Telegram

Rishabh Sharma

Rishabh is an experienced content writer and editor, he is working for Viralbake to cover a diversified range of categories. His articles mainly focus on providing information, being a travel guide, educating others, and also making people aware of technology, after all, he is a technophile. When not writing he can be found gaming, watching movies, and travelling.

Related Articles

Back to top button

AdBlocker Detected

Please Disable Adblock To Proceed & Used This Website!