There is some good news if you still need to link your Aadhaar card to your ration card. The national government has extended the deadline for linking the ration card to Aadhaar once again. The deadline for linking ration cards for Aadhaar has been extended to September 30, 2023. The Department of Consumer Affairs, Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution provided this information.
Previously, this deadline was extended until June 30. Beneficiaries of the Antodaya Anna Yojana and the Priority Domestic Scheme must link their Aadhaar cards to their ration cards. White card holders must first digitize their ration card before it can be connected to their Aadhaar card.
Since the implementation of the “One Nation, One Ration Card” policy, the emphasis has been on integrating the ration card into Aadhaar. Its primary goal is to put an end to the ration card-related problems. Many people misuse this card and get 2-3 ration cards from various locations.
According to Netra Mankem, Deputy Secretary, Food and Civil Supplies Department, who is in charge of digitizing, Maharashtra has 2.56 crore ration card holders. According to the Maharashtra Economic Survey, 24.4 lakh individuals benefit from the Antyodaya Anna Yojana, which offers substantially subsidized food to the poorest households.
Easy Steps To Link Your Aadhaar-Ration Card
- The first step is to go to the Food Department’s website.
- After that select the ‘Link Aadhaar with Ration Card’ option.
- Enter the number on your ration card.
- Select the ‘Link Aadhaar and Mobile Number’ option.
- Enter your Aadhaar number now.
- Enter the OTP that appears on your phone.
- Connect your Aadhaar card to your ration card.
- After your Aadhaar-Ration Card is connected, you will receive an SMS.