The Karnataka government will launch the ‘Gruha Lakshmi Scheme’ in Mysuru. This initiative will be unveiled during a public event in Mysuru in the presence of state Chief Minister Siddaramiah, Congress national president Mallikarjun Kharge, and other top party officials.
The state government would offer monthly assistance of Rs. 2,000 to about 1.1 crore women heads of BPL families under the initiative. The ‘Gruha Lakshmi’ program is one of the five pre-election ‘guarantees’ of the Congress, which defeated the BJP in the May assembly elections. In the current fiscal year, the government has set out Rs. 17,500 crore for the ‘Gruha Lakshmi’ scheme.
“As many as 1.1 crore women heads of households will be given Rs. 2,000 every month,” Siddararamaiah told reporters on Tuesday in Mysuru, his home district, according to various reports.
Following the first cabinet meeting on May 20, 2023, the chief minister issued the order for the execution of the Gruha Lakshmi Yojana. The state government’s Gruha Lakshmi Scheme aims to empower women and improve their lives.
The plan would give financial support to Karnataka women in order to satisfy their basic requirements and enhance their living conditions. It would also increase their economic engagement and help Karnataka’s overall growth.
Eligibility Criteria Of Gruha Lakshmi Scheme
- The Gruha Lakshmi Scheme is available to women who are identified as family heads on Antyodaya, Below Poverty Line (BPL), or Above Poverty Line (APL) ration cards.
- This strategy will only benefit one lady in each family. The applicant must be a Karnataka resident.
- The family’s annual income cannot exceed Rs 2 lakh. They cannot work for the government or pay taxes.
- They are also not allowed to marry a taxpayer or possess property.
Application Procedure For The Gruha Lakshmi Scheme
- An applicant must visit gruhaLaxmi.karnataka.gov.in or log in to gruhaLaxmi.karnataka.gov.in.
- They should next enter the necessary scheme information and upload the necessary documentation.
- If you are applying online, click the submit button and make a note of the application form number for future reference.
Important Documents Required For Gruha Lakshmi Scheme
- Aadhaar Card
- Residence Certificate
- Address Proof (Aadhaar Card, Voter Card, Driving License)
- Identity Proof (Aadhaar Card, Voter Card, Driving License)
- Income Certificate
- Ration Card (BPL, APL, Antyodaya Card)
- Passport Size Photo
- The husband’s Aadhaar Card and Income Certificate.
Three of the five ‘guarantees’ (pre-poll pledges) have already been realized by the state administration – ‘Shakti,’ ‘Gruha Jyothi,’ and ‘Anna Bhagya,’ with ‘Gruha Laxmi’ being the fourth. The fifth is the ‘Yuva Nidhi’ plan, which pledges to pay jobless benefits to the state’s young.