Do you plan to make modifications to your Aadhaar card? So here’s some excellent news for you. The Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has extended the deadline for free Aadhaar updating utilizing documents by three months, from September 14 to December 14, 2023, from the previous date of September 14.
“Based on the positive response from residents, it has been decided to extend the facility for three months, from September 15, 2023 to December 14, 2023.” According to an office memorandum issued by UIDAI, “the facility for document update shall continue to be free of cost through myAadhaar portal at https://myaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/ until 14.12.2023.”
UIDAI has also advised Aadhaar holders who have had their cards for ten years to update their information with the most recent information. “Please update Aadhaar for continued accuracy of demographic information,” according to the UIDAI website. Upload your proof of identification and proof of address documents to update it.”
However, if the Aadhaar is updated physically at the CSC, a fee of Rs 25 would be applied as normal.
How To Update Address Proof For Free
- First, go to https://myaadhaar.uidai.gov.in/.
- Log in and go to the ‘Name/Gender/Date of Birth & Address Update’ section.
- Select ‘Update Aadhaar Online’.
- From the list of demographic choices, choose ‘address’ and then click ‘Proceed to Update Aadhaar’.
- Upload a scanned copy and fill out the necessary demographic information.
- Make a Rs 25 payment. (This is not necessary till December 14).
- A Service Request Number (SRN) is assigned. Save it for subsequent tracking of status.
Residents can contact the UIDAI toll-free number 1947 24 hours a day, seven days a week, for information about their Aadhaar enrolment or update status, PVC card status, or to receive information by SMS.
“Changes in life events such as marriage may lead to residents changing their basic demographic details such as name and address,” according to the UIDAI website. Address and phone number may also change as a result of relocation to newer sites. Residents may also request updates to their relative’s information owing to life events such as marriage, the death of a relative, and so on.