PAN or Permanent Account Number is a unique ID provided by the Income Tax Department in India to its citizens. PAN Card does not only serve as a legal identity proof but it is also needed at the time of making monetary transactions, applying for a visa, sales, purchases etc. But losing a PAN Card is very frustrating, especially when you need it for an official business.
After losing a PAN Card an individual can either apply online or offline for a duplicate one. But first, it is very important to file a complaint to the nearest police station, if your PAN Card is lost or stolen and acquire a copy of your filed First Information Report (FIR). By filing a complaint you can make sure that no other person can misuse it and acquiring a copy of the FIR will prevent you from being identified as a culprit.
Also read:India Post Recruitment 2022: Mass Recruitment Notification
Here’s The Step By Step Guide To Apply For A Copy Of Your PAN Card:
- First, open this link.
- Now click on the application type as, “Changes or correction in existing PAN data/ Reprint of PAN card.”
- Fill in the mandatory details and click on submit.
- For future references, a unique token number will be generated and sent to you on your email.
- Now please click on “Continue with PAN Application Form.”
- Fill in all the personal details.
- To complete E-KYC either you can send your documents to the address of NSDL or can complete it through the E-sign process.
- In case of theft FIR copy will be attested.
- Now you will have to select the mode of receiving your PAN. Physical one will be sent to your registered address and E-PAN will be sent to your Email.
- To complete the process fill in the remaining minor details and then click submit.
- Then complete the payment process and save your acknowledgement.
- Later you can track the status of your PAN by the acknowledgement number.
- After the complete process you will receive your PAN Card in 14 days.