Belly fat not only affects your self-confidence but it also makes you lethargic. Fat that gets collected around your belly is termed as visceral fat and it increases risk of type 2 heart diseases and heart disease. But you don’t need to get disheartened, there are certain changes that you need to do in your lifestyle.
Causes Of Gaining Belly Fat
- Sedentary Lifestyle: A sedentary lifestyle is a plague for your health. The studies have found that it causes weight gain and increase in abdominal girth in men and women.
- Low-Protein Diets: Protein in diet makes you feel full. Having a protein deficit diet means that you will end up eating more carbs which is not good for health.
- Menopause: Post menopause, estrogen level gets reduced which causes visceral fat to get stored in abdomen instead of thighs.
- Wrong Gut Bacteria: A good and healthy gut not only keeps your metabolism good but it also improves your health. Imbalance in gut bacteria can cause weight gain.
- Stress: You eat more when you get stressed as it releases hormone like cortisol that make you feel hungry.
Exercises Effective To Fight Fat
- Heat Outdoors: Outdoor exercises like running, jogging, biking helps you to burn belly fat.
- Yoga: If post-menopausal women do calming yoga exercises then they are more likely to lose fat. It also keeps your stress level low and lowers cortisol levels.
- Cardio: Cardio helps in getting rid of overall fat. Go for a run regularly, do it at least thrice a day.
- Avoid Crunches: Crunches are good for building muscles and they make your stomach bigger as your abs get thicker. You should focus on strengthening your back muscles.
- Interval Training: When you do exercise while taking resting periods then your muscle gets build quickly and you develop endurance.
Tips To Lose Belly Fat
- Go To Bed On Time: Every hour you sleep late your BMI increases by 2.1 points. Sleeping on time makes your metabolism good.
- Wake Up Early: Experts say that if you will wake up early, you will have a disciplined lifestyle. You will get more time to focus on your health.
- Pick Up Smaller Plates: Smaller plates make your meal portion look bigger. It encourages you to eat less food.
- Eat Breakfast: Breakfast boosts your sleeping metabolism, which helps in weight loss.
- Chew Your Food Well: When you chew your food well it gets broken down easily in digestion. Your food gets assimilated well when you chew nicely.
Foods To Avoid
- Carbonated Drinks
- Dairy Products
- Fried Food
Foods That Fight Belly Fat
- Citrus Fruits