Privacy matter right? Well, DigiLocker will help keep it intact.
DigiLocker, for the unaware, is a digital platform introduced by the Ministry of Electronics and IT (MeitY), which aims to reduce the use of physical documents by simply enabling agency-wide storage of e-documents. DigiLocker is a network that allows you to keep all your documents in a secure place and give you access to them whenever needed.
Here is how you can open a DigiLocker account
- To make a DigiLocker account, all you need to do is visit the DigiLocker website at digilocker.gov.in. You can also download the Digilocker app from the play/app store on your phone too.
- Next, you need to use your Aadhaar number to create for yourself a digital locker account. Make sure that your current phone number is registered with the Aadhaar number.
- Once done ‘Signing Up’ using the Aadhaar, enter details like full name, date of birth, mobile number (registered with Aadhaar), etc. Then add a security PIN and enter an email ID.
- Once the process is done, the application will request you to create ‘Username’ and ‘Password’. Do the needful and click on the Sign-Up button. After successful account creation, the application will show the ‘Dashboard’ screen from where ypu can access the services.
Also Read: Breaking: LPG Cylinder Price Hiked Again In Delhi, Know New Price Here
Benefits of DigiLocker
The Digilocker will drive a reduction in costs, elimination of customer complaints relating to non-delivery of policy copy, improved turnaround time of insurance services, faster claims processing and settlement, reduction in disputes, frauds, etc. Some of the other benefits are:
- One will have the access to important documents anytime, anywhere.
- Moreover, one can authenticate a document legally on a par with originals.
- If you seek to, you can even share the documents with others very easily.
- Government services would reach you faster, sooner if you have a DigiLocker account handy.
Also Read: Netflix To Celebrate Indian Weddings Via Its New Series ‘The Big Day’ & The Groom In Me Can’t Be More Excited