In order to utilise WhatsApp Pay, users must first authorise bank-to-bank money transfers.
Those of you who use WhatsApp are about to get some exciting news. Financial operations, such as transferring money or monitoring your bank account balance, may now be completed using WhatsApp, an instant messaging service.
A Look at the Government’s Five Digital India Initiatives
WhatsApp Payments employs UPI, and users who aren’t familiar with the process should be aware that they’ll first need to allow bank-to-bank money transfers. In India, most of the major banks use the UPI (Unified Payment Interface) system designed by the NPCI (National Payments Corporation of India).
Whatsapp checks your bank account information using the phone number associated with your profile. The bank account number must be linked to the payment method in order to monitor the account balance on WhatsApp. To see their account balance, they may do one of two things: go into the settings and check it there, or check it when they transfer money.
Using The Settings Menu, You May See Your Account’s Balance As Follows:
- WhatsApp may be accessed by opening the app.
- Those of you with Android devices may do so by selecting More choices.
- Go to Settings if you have an iPhone.
- Take advantage of Tap Pay.
- Under Payment Methods, choose your bank account.
- Tap View account balance to see your current amount.
- Using your UPI PIN, you may see your balance.
Here’s How To Find Out What’s In Your Account:
- Select the payment method you want from the payment notification page.
- The account balance may be seen by clicking on the corresponding button.
- If you have more than one bank account connected to your WhatsApp account, choose the one you want to use.
- Your UPI PIN is required.
Key thigs to keep in mind:
- If they fail to find bank in the list, it is possible that your bank is not supported.
- However, to facilitate the payments, the phone number should be linked to WhatsApp account. The users need to make sure they are using the most recent version of WhatsApp to use payments.