As per a report by NDTV, a 46-year-old government hospital employee in Uttar Pradesh’s Moradabad has died on Sunday reportedly 24 hours after receiving the coronavirus vaccine. However, the district’s Chief Medical Officer said the death is unrelated to vaccination.
The man who lost his life was a ward boy identified by the name Mahipal Singh. He had died after complaining of chest congestion and breathlessness. According to his family, he had been unwell before the jab.
“He was vaccinated on Saturday around noon. On Sunday he felt breathless and complained of chest congestion. We are inquiring into the reasons of the death. We will get a post mortem done. It does not seem to be a reaction to vaccination. He did night duty on Saturday too and there were no problems,” MC Garg, Moradabad’s chief medical officer, told reporters late last night.
The post-mortem report further details the immediate cause of death as “cardiogenic shock/septicemic shock” due to “cardio-pulmonary disease”.
However, when questioned, the man’s son said that his father has been unwell earlier but his situation worsened after he received the vaccine jab.
“My father left the vaccination centre around 1.30 pm, I brought him home. He was feeling breathless and he was coughing. He had a bit of pneumonia, the usual cough and cold, but he started feeling worse after returning home,” Mahipal Singh’s son Vishal told the media.
For the unaware, the government and doctors have earlier notified people including pregnant women and people with medical complications to bar themselves from taking the vaccine.