Viral News

50 Girls Trapped Inside A Hostel Fire In Janakpuri, Delhi

Another deadly fire accident occured endangering the lives of 50 students. Simillar to somewhat Suraj fire tragedy that happened recently. This time fire broke out in a girl hostel in West Delhi.

More than 50 girls were trapped inside a two-storey private hostel as the fire due to the electric malfunction. Luckily, everyone has rescued thanks to the quick response of firefighters.

What exactly happened?

hostel fire

On Wednesday early morning, Delhi Fire Service received a call of fire breakout in west Delhi’s Janakpuri area. It was a private girl’s hostel that was engulfed in fire.

Also Read: Another Attempt To Make Delhi Clean And Green, PWD Planting Trees To Beat The City Pollution


Early morning around 3:05 am, Delhi fire control room received a call about the fire in electricity meter panel at Kaveri Girl’s Hostel in Janakpuri, said Chief fire officer Atul Garg. Three water tenders were rushed to the spot carrying around 20 firefighters who doused the flames, prevented it from spreading and causing casualties.

Girls were trapped in the smoke-filled basement, ground and first floors. Scared as there was no firefighting equipment in the present in the building.

“Although the fire was not that big, our main objective is to rescue all the girls alive, it was a large scale rescue operation as more than 50 girls were trapped in the smoke. The operation went on for half an hour and our firefighters were able to take out everyone alive from the smoke-filled building.

Six girls sent immediately to a nearby private hospital. As they had inhaled toxic smoke and not feeling well even after coming out of the smoke. Two of them were released soon after, while others were kept under observation till afternoon. Later they were also allowed to go home with their parents/guardians.

Isn’t there something we should have done prior?

After Surat fire tragedy, every state is making sure that the commercial buildings, hotels, educational institutes, PG’s and hostels in their city won’t suffer the same fate. On Monday itself, the west district police held a meeting. In which the owners of such property were sensitised about fire safety measures. They were briefed about the safety measures that are required to be taken to avoid any fire breakouts.

Still, the case of fire gets registered in the same district. It was just carelessness that could have caused the life of innocent people. Fire breakouts can be avoided if the owners of such buildings started to follow the guidelines given by the fire department.

Facebook Comments
SHARE
RELATED POSTS
Russians bus costume protest
Baddass Russians Dress Up As ‘BUS’ To Cross A ‘Vehicle-Only’ Bridge
10 Things You Can Learn From This Viral Video Of Mama-Baby Bear
What The Damn Thing We Just See Happening On Live TV