Survival chances for India for the Asia Cup final got shaken when Pakistan won by 5 wickets. The loss of six wickets against Sri Lanka shocked the fans and got India on the verge of falling from the path of the Asia Cup final. Right now the conditions are that the men in blue might have to take an embarrassing exit from the tournament. Now only a match has left to play after India has played the two and lost in super 4s.
India Can Still Qualify For Asia Cup Final
Super 4 Points Table:
- Sri Lanka – 4 points after 2 matches
- Pakistan – 2 points after 1 match
- India – 0 points after 2 matches
- Afghanistan- 0 points after 1 match
So, the point is that each team after playing can result in having 4 points each. As Sri Lanka with an NRR of +0.351 and 4 points has placed itself on top, they have one match to play against Pakistan.
And four points theory can work under these conditions:
- Pakistan won against Sri Lanka and got 4 points.
- Afghanistan won to get 2 points against Pakistan.
- India lost against Afghanistan and went for 4 points.
In this case, all three of them will have 4 points but India will be nowhere to be seen then. So, the final question is, can India still get into the finals?
Yes, but under these miraculous conditions:
- If Afghanistan beat Pakistan for which we will have to pray, on Wednesday. Because if Pakistan wins then India will be knocked out automatically.
- After this, if Afghanistan does beat Pakistan then next, India will have to win against Afghanistan.
- With this India will have 2 points but it will not be enough. After all, this happens miraculously we will still have to hope that Pakistan loses to Sri Lanka in Super 4 on Friday.
“If the above 3 desired results do indeed go India’s way then Sri Lanka will be on 6 points and will enter the final and India, Pakistan and Afghanistan will all be on 2 points and again NRR will decide the second finalist.”