Aadhaar is a 12-digit unique identification number which UIDAI or the Unique Identification Authority of India produces and assigns to every citizen of India. The government has made it mandatory for all to link their Aadhar’s with PAN Cards, which too must be updated. But the main question is how many times you can update your Aadhaar Card?
How Many Times Aadhaar Can Be Updated?
Information in Aadhaar Card cannot be updated as many times as you want as per your convenience. There are some security concerns due to which the Government has capped the limit for updating information or personal details on Aadhaar cards, which is only twice.
So, here are different types of information you can edit in your Aadhaar with an updation limit:
- Name: Aadhaar holder’s name is supposed to be updated twice only.
- Date of Birth: can never be changed in Aadhaar, except if there is any mistake done while making one’s Aadhaar during the data entry process.
- Address & Gender: can only be changed or updated once with proof.
How Can You Make Aadhaar Changes in Exceptional Cases?
- The Aadhaar holders can get their information updated after visiting the Aadhaar enrollment centre.
- You must send a written request to the enrolment centre via email or post if the allotted number of requests for updating your aadhaar exceeds the limit.
- “The user requesting for change must provide the reason as well as a copy of the URN slip, Aadhaar details, and supporting documentation.”
- A person should visit the UIDAI office only when he is requested to do so.
Also read:Aadhaar Card Update: Govt Advises Users to Update Aadhaar Details, Learn How
- Your bank statement
- Account passbook from the post office
- Ration card
- Driving Licence
- Voter ID
- Government photo ID
- Service photo identification card
- Electricity Bill within 3 months
- Water bill due within three months
- The Telephone Landline Bill
My address is updated sir
My Andhra card update de address sir