A teenager can get a PAN card, and there’s no age limit set by the Income Tax Department for it. In India, anyone, even a minor earning over Rs 15,000 monthly, can file Income Tax Returns (ITR). Having a PAN card is crucial for ITR filing, and the best part? No specific age is needed to grab that PAN card. It’s like a key to the tax world that fits any age group!
PAN Card for Minor
Reasons to Get a PAN Card for Minor
- If you want to invest in your child’s name.
- In case you are willing to make your child a nominee.
- If your child needs a bank account.
- When a child is earning.
Who is Eligible to Apply?
When a minor needs a PAN card, it’s the parents or legal guardian who take charge of the application. The guardian also handles the responsibility of filing Income Tax Returns (ITR) on behalf of the child.
Here’s the catch: the PAN card issued to a minor doesn’t include their photo or signature, so it can’t serve as an ID proof. When the minor turns 18, it’s time for a PAN card update to add these details.
How to Apply for a PAN Card for Minor?
- Step 1: Start by heading to the official NSDL website.
- Step 2: Dive into the form-filling adventure by carefully reading and following the instructions for Form 49A.
- Step 3: Gather the required documents, like the minor’s age certificate and a snapshot of the parents. Don’t forget to upload only the parents’ signatures.
- Step 4: Move on to the payment stage, contributing Rs 107. A simple click on ‘submit’ wraps it up, and you get an acknowledgment number for tracking your application status.
After this your PAN Card will reach you in 15 days.
- DOB proof of minor
- Address and identity proof of parents of child.
- Address an identity proof of the applicant.