E-commerce giant, Amazon, has reportedly joined hands with IRCTC to allow citizens and to book tickets via the Amazon app.
Some notable features of the service include cashback on the first booking (12% for Amazon Prime members, 10% for non-Prime members) without any additional service charge. Also, there is an additional option to check seat and quota facility across all classes, the option to check PNR status and more.
Also, anyone making payment via Amazon Pay will get an instant refund in case of train cancellation or booking failures.
Here is how you can book a train ticket on the Amazon app.
- You would need the latest version of the Amazon app to avail the service. Or you can visit the website too. If using a mobile phone, you can scan the QR code available on the Amazon website and get the train ticket booking feature instantly on your phone.
- Go to Amazon.in and click on ‘Train Tickets’
- Select the train you want to travel on.
- Fill out your journey details, choose a valid offer.
- Confirm your journey details and complete the payment
- And you have successfully booked a ticket.
- For more details, you can visit Amazon.in.
The train ticket booking service on Amazon will go live from October 15.