The Unique Identification Authority of India or UIDAI has a new process in play, which allows the Aadhaar Card holders to update their address or edit an error without providing any address proof. Previously, the applicants were needed to show or upload a document proof if they wanted to make any changes in existing Aadhaar information.
UIDAI’s New Aadhaar Card Update
UIDAI has introduced a resident-friendly facility to help them make the requested changes faster, with the help of consent from the Head of the Family (HoF). “The HoF-based online address update in Aadhaar will be of great help to the relative(s) of a resident–like children, spouse, parents etc, who don’t have supporting documents in their own name to update the address in their Aadhaar,” UIDAI’s official release stated.
Submitting the related documents like a Ration Card, Marksheet, Marriage Certificate, Passport or any other proof mentioning the name of both the applicant and HOF can help you to make Aadhaar changes without problem. After this, an OTP-based verification is also required from the HOF. However, if such document proof is unavailable then the applicant only.
“With people moving cities and towns due to various reasons within the country, such a facility will be beneficial for millions of people. This choice would be in addition to the existing address update facility using any valid Proof of Address document prescribed by UIDAI,” reads the official release. Moreover, the UIDAI has confirmed that anyone aged above 18 years and up is willing to share their address proof.
How To Change Address In Aadhaar Card Without Providing Any Document Proof?
- Now visit the official website of UIDAI.
- Choose the ‘New’ option for adding information on the next page.
- Now use the Aadhaar number of HOF and submit it. Note that, no other information about the HOF will display on the screen.
- After validating the Aadhaar of HOF, now you will have to upload the document which will define the relationship proof.
- Next, pay ₹50 for the service.
- After the successful transaction, your SRN will be displayed on the screen and will be sent via SMS to the HOF.
- But remember that HOF will have to login into the My Aadhaar portal and approve your request within 30 days to make it successful.