To ease out the process of updating one’s Aadhaar card, the Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) has announced a major update to allow people to change their Aadhaar card details from the comfort of their home.
However, to note is the fact that the new feature will allow online changes to some specific details only. For other changes, you still will have to visit the nearby Aadhaar Kendra.
What Aadhaar Card details can be changed online?
As per the new feature, you can update Aadhaar details like your Name, Date of Birth, Gender, Address and Language Online. Meanwhile, for other updates like Head of Family/Guardian details or Biometric update, you must visit Aadhaar Seva Kendra or Enrolment/Update Centre.
Also, make sure you have the registered mobile number handy if you seek to make the aforementioned changes. You will receive OTP for Aadhaar Authentication on your registered mobile.
Here’s how you can change your Aadhaar details online
- Visit the link mentioned in the tweet above.
- Then click on ‘Proceed to Update Aadhaar’.
- Then fill in the details like Aadhaar number and captcha.
- An OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number which you need to enter on the website.
- Once done, you will be taken inside where you can make the changes to your Aadhaar card Name, Date of Birth, Gender, Address and Language.
- After making the necessary changes, you can get yourself a new PVC Aadhaar card with the updated details.