To file the income tax return for the fiscal year 2021-2022 is July 31, 2022. However, for the taxpayers applicable for an audit the last date to file an ITR is October 31, 2022. Just to inform you that Income Tax Return is actually a document carrying all records of one’s income including all profits, losses, expenses and other deductions under the provisions of the Income Tax Act. Filing an ITR also means reporting any tax liability or tax refund.
Last Step Of Filing An ITR
To complete the process of filing an ITR, a taxpayer must e-verify it with a very simple method. The e-verification process is done after filing an ITR to state all documents being submitted as per your consent and to authenticate the ITR filing process. If not completed within 120 days of filing the ITR will be declared invalid.
How To e-Verify Your ITR With Net Banking?
- Visit the ITR filing portal and click ‘e-verify return’.
- Then click on EVC via net banking and select ‘Continue’.
- On the next page, you will have to select the bank through which you want to complete the process.
- Now you will need to log in to your net banking page.
- Bank will provide you with the income tax e-verifying link, so click on it.
- Click on the ‘e-verify link’ to complete the process.
- Now the ITR is verified.
Various Other Ways To e-Verify Your ITR:
- Aadhaar OTP
- Via Demat Account
- Bank ATM and Account
- Delivering signed ITR-V/Acknowledgement receipt to authorities.