The Income Tax Department had made several efforts to make the income tax submitting process simpler. Many people get confused instantly while submitting an income tax return and to make this process hassle-free and much more straightforward there are some changes made related to the payment segment. The Income Tax Department has introduced a new payment service for paying taxes. Taxpayers can now make income tax payments via Credit Cards or UPI payments.
Taxpayers Can Make Income Tax Payments Via UPI and Credit Cards
“Any taxpayer can pay their taxes on the NSDL website using the facility provided by the Income Tax Department with the aid of a debit card issued by an authorised bank and net banking from 16 banks. If you are in this circumstance and do not have an account with one of these banks, paying your taxes may be difficult, but you need not be concerned. As part of the new service made available by the Income Tax Department, in addition to debit cards, tax payments can also be made through credit cards, online banking, pay-at-bank counters, UPI, RTGS, and NEFT”, mentioned dnaindia.
Steps How To Make Income Tax Payment Via UPI or Credit Card:
- First, log in to the e-filing portal using your credentials.
- Now, under the ‘E Pay Tax’ tax options choose the new payment option.
- Then select the type of tax which you want to pay.
- Next, choose for which assessment year you will file income tax.
- After that, the portal will ask you to type all the taxation details including surcharge, cess etc.
- Now execute the payment transaction by either selecting UPI or Credit Card, whichever you find feasible.
- Then download the e-challan after payment is done. You will receive an SMS carrying the information regarding this transaction.