When an EPF passbook is generated the member has to register his or her mobile number to access a variety of services offered by EPFO or Employee’s Provident Fund Organisation. The update is to be under provisions made by EPFO. After a member has been allotted a UAN or Universal Account Number, which is a 12-digit unique number and does not change during an employee’s whole career even if he changes jobs.
EPF Account SMS Services Facility
EPFO members can avail of a variety of services and assistance through SMS services offered by the organisation. So, the account holders have to register their mobile numbers when they log in for the first time. Later through the EPFO website members can update their mobile numbers if they want.
Benefits of Linked Mobile Number To EPF Account
- Members will be able to check their PF account balance online while sitting at home.
- An updated mobile number will enable members to track claim statuses online.
- An SMS from EPFO to your mobile number will confirm every monthly contribution deposit.
- Members will also receive a confirmation if they are making withdrawals from their PF account.
- Mobile number verification is also required when transferring money from one account to another.
- Lastly, all types of activities in your PF account will require verification via the OTP process which you will receive on your registered mobile number.
How To Register Mobile Number In EPF Account Online?
- First, visit the EPFO portal online.
- Then tap on the option ‘Activate UAN’, you will find this option on the right side of the screen under the ‘important links’ tab.
- Now enter the asked details including, UAN, mobile number, email, DOB, etc.
- Next, you will have to verify yourself via the OTP process that you will receive on your registered mobile number.
- After submitting the OTP your mobile number will be registered.
How To Update Mobile Number In EPF Account Online?
- First, open the EPFO portal and log in with your credentials.
- Now, select the ‘Manage’ menu to access the ‘Contact Details’ option.
- Then from the drop-down menu select, ‘Check Mobile No.’
- You will be redirected to a new page after this step, so check the details thoroughly.
- Then tap on ‘Get Authorization Pin’, from the menu.
- An OTP will be sent to you on your new mobile number to verify the details.
- Lastly, enter the OTP and click on Submit.