Did you know you could temporarily pause or stop notifications in Google Chat or Gmail?
Google Chat and Gmail offer you a feature to mute your notifications across all your devices on a temporary basis. So, once you turn off your notifications on a temporary basis, you shall no longer receive notifications on your device. The people connected to you on the said platform shall also be able to tell when you have stopped your notifications so it helps them to set their expectations for a reply accordingly.
Also, this status is only visible to the people who are connected to your Google Chat or Gmail with space or have accepted your chat invitation. Your blocked users won’t be able to see the status of the notifications.
Here is How to Temporarily Stop Notifications In Google Chat or Gmail:
Please find the step-by-step procedure to learn to stop notifications in Google Chat or Gmail temporarily:
- Visit Google Chat or your Gmail account.
- Click on the status option given at the top of the screen.
- Please select the ‘Do not Disturb’ option from the list.
- Select the duration of keeping this option active by clicking on the ‘Until a specific time’ option.
- Click on the ‘Set’ button to select the time duration until after the notifications will automatically turn back on.
In this article, we learnt about the process for How to stop notifications in Google Chat or Gmail Temporarily. I have shared the step-by-step procedure in this article which shall help you understand the process easily.
Please share this article with people who would forget to turn the notifications on once they turn them off.