Maharashtra: In A Huge Blunder, 12 Children Given Sanitiser Instead Of Polio Drops - Viral Bake
Off-BeatViral News

Maharashtra: In A Huge Blunder, 12 Children Given Sanitiser Instead Of Polio Drops

In a grim piece of news of negligence, recently in Maharastra, as many as 12 children were fed with sanitiser instead of polio drops in the Yavatmal district, which is tucked somewhere 700 km from Mumbai

All the 12 children, post-incident, were admitted to a government hospital. The children, all below the age of 5, are being reported in stable condition as of now. As many as three people have been identified for the negligence and now will face action for the lapse.

polio sanitizer
Source – Nagpur Today

As per a report by NDTV, the incident occurred on Sunday at a primary healthcare centre in the aforementioned village where the National Pulse Polio vaccination drive for children between 1-5 years of age was being conducted.

However, later during the process, some children complained of vomiting and uneasiness and then it was revealed that they have been fed with sanitiser instead of polio.

Also Read: Budget 2021: You Will Have To Scrap Your Personal Car If It Fails ‘Fit Test’

“All the children who were given sanitiser drops were administered polio drops and admitted to the Government Medical College in Yavatmal,” Shrikrishna Panchal said.

He further reported that their condition is stable. He added that the three workers who have been accused of negligence are – a doctor, anganwadi sevika and an ASHA volunteer.

Also Read: Here Is What Got Cheaper And What Got Costlier After Budget 2021

“An inquiry is underway and orders will be issued to suspend all the three healthcare workers,” Mr Panchal said.

The negligence was reported after the village sarpanch checked the drops and found them to be hand sanitiser and not polio.

ViralBake Telegram

Related Articles

Back to top button

AdBlocker Detected

Please Disable Adblock To Proceed & Used This Website!