Income Tax Department recently released income tax return refunds worth Rs 1.67 crore in accounts of over 1.87 crore taxpayers. Refunds were supposed to reflect in bank accounts by February 7, 2022.
Income Tax Department has tweeted and said, “CBDT issues refunds of over Rs. 1,67,048 crore to more than 1.87 crore taxpayers from 1st Apr,2021 to 7th February, 2022. Income tax refund of Rs. 59,949 crore have been issued in 1,85,65,723 cases & corporate tax refunds of Rs. 1,07,099 crore have been issued in 2,28,100 cases.” It continued, “This includes 1.48 crore refunds of AY 2021-22 amounting to Rs. 28,704.38 crore.”
Many people have filed complaints that they have not received their income tax return refund even after filing ITR correctly. You don’t have to worry and follow certain steps and resolve the problem.
Reasons For Less Refund
There are chances that you have received only partial refund because of difference in tax credit. It can also happen because there is difference in advance tax. In any case you can always file rectification request and identify reason for partial refund.
Steps To File Rectification Request
- Visit the Official e-portal of Income Tax Department
- Login using your ID and Password
- Go to Services drop down menu
- Click on Rectification
- Then click on Order/Intimation To Be Rectified
- Select the FY for which you are placing Rectification Request
- Click on Request Type, choose the reason for filing request
- You will receive reference number for tracking request