People can have various reasons to travel abroad. Some go to spend their holidays, some have their dream job or university in a foreign country and some go to meet their loved ones. Traveling abroad becomes easier and more convenient if you have an idea about different types of Indian passport.
Different Types of Indian Passport
Do you know about various types of Indian passports? Have you got any idea whether your passport offers a faster immigration clearance feature or not? If these questions bother you, then get ahead with this article and we will help you in knowing all the relevant information.
All About Different Types of Passport
The Blue passport is issued to the general public of India. Also known as the P-type passport, it is provided to those who visit foreign nations for business purposes and trips. The blue color of this passport differentiates it from other passports with official status. It helps the foreign authorities in differentiating between the common public and government officials.
White passports are issued to government officials who travel to foreign countries for some work. Its white color helps the foreign authorities to differentiate them from the other travelers. White passports are issued to officials of Indian Administrative Services and Indian Police Services.
Diplomatic passports are for those senior government officials and Indian diplomats who travel to foreign countries for some official work. It is also called the Maroon passport due to its color. It offers a visa-free travel facility, which is the prominent one. No matter how long they decide to stay in a foreign country, they will not need a visa for foreign trips. Officers can enjoy a faster immigration process with this passport.
The last on our list is the Orange passport. Introduced by the Government of India in 2018, this passport is for those who have not studied beyond class 10 and can use this passport for flying abroad. It ensures the safety and better immigration facilities for the uneducated citizens. The decision was later reviewed and withdrawn by the government.
How To Apply For A Passport In India?
- To apply for an Indian Passport, you need to register yourself on the passport Seva portal. In case you have registered on the site, visit https://www.passportindia.gov.in/AppOnlineProject/welcomeLink# and log in with your ID and password.
- Choose Fresh Passport/Passport Reissue’ and fill in the application form.
- Then, click on ‘Upload form to submit.
- Next, click on ‘Pay and Schedule Appointment’ to make payment and fix an appointment.
- Next, you need to visit the Passport Seva Kendra or Regional Passport Office where you have booked an appointment. Do not forget to carry all documents required for verification.
- The next step is police verification. police will assess all the information provided in your form and visit the address mentioned there.
- Documents required -Address proof ( Aadhaar card, electricity bill, rent agreement, mobile bill, your bank account passbook, spouse’s passport copy)
- Date of birth proof (Birth certificate, school transfer/leaving certificate, PAN card, voter ID card)
- An Indian Passport is valid for up to 10 years, After that, it requires renewal.